Have you used PowerPoint for anything other than sucky presentations?
- Eugene Cheng provides 7 tips to beautiful PowerPoint.
- Ned Potter (LIANZA 2015 Conference Keynote speaker) shares his four most important PowerPoint rules.
In addition to using PowerPoint to create presentation slides I also use PowerPoint to create simple videos, reading maps, digital magazines and flyers. PowerPoint has three advantages over other design tools like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
- PowerPoint is simpler and easier to use. If you’re already using PowerPoint to create slides the learning curve to create other items isn’t that great in comparison to learning something like Photoshop from scratch.
- PowerPoint is on nearly every work computer so it is likely that you already have access to it and can quietly explore it at your leisure.
- PowerPoint also means you can share your work with colleagues without worrying about whether they have the same software to open it with.
Below are some examples of what I have created with PowerPoint (no other software was used).