Today’s stories include: #kohails trademark update, homebound and ereaders, circulation desks at uni libraries, and more.
- Is your library is promoting these?: OverDrive: more e-book content than you can shake a stick at! | @ChristchurchLib. (BoK3)
- Jeannie writes about Standards for the 21st C learner | @L2_S2S. (BoK1)
- Koha trademark update via @ranginui. (BoK1)
- Can’t afford to go to LIANZA2012? Consider applying for the Hydestor Prof Dev Award $750 | @Mand1can3. (BoK9)
- May be helpful for ‘finding time’ too.: “Finding Efficiencies” via @jafurtado. (BoK9)
- Are any NZ libs exploring this?: Brentwood pilot program brings eReaders to homebound via @ALA_TechSource. (BoK3)
- Good ammo for convincing mgmt & using lib skills: Digital Content Curation Is Career for Librarians via @LibraryJournal. (BoK3)
- What do you think?: “By 2020 University Libraries Will No Longer Have Circulation Desks” via @ericrumsey. (BoK9)
- Sale of OverDrive idea intrigues publishing guru Thad McIlroy: “Time 2 put ‘public’ back in ‘Public Libraries” | @LibraryCity. (BoK8)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.