Today’s stories include: best small library in US, APNK desk of helpfulness, self-service ipad checkout, and more.
- We are all book-hungry piglets: Central Library Peterborough (Christchurch) via @kebabette. (BoK9)
- The desk of helpfulness (who are these helpdesk people and what do they do?) | @PeepsNetwork. (BoK3)
- Focused on advocacy, marketing and partnerships: The Best Small Library in America 2012 via @LibraryJournal. (BoK9)
- Why Boycott Elsevier? by Kevin Smith, Duke Univ via @flexnib. (BoK8)
- Could @lianzaoffice do this pls?: The 1st Rule of ALA Exec Board is You Don’t Talk About ALA Exec Board via @pcsweeney. (BoK1)
- Yes please!: Self-service iPad checkout for Libraries (MediaSurfer) via @ericrumsey. (BoK7)
- Why teens should read raunchy novels and straight-up smut << Empowering adolescents with reading via @VaVeros. (BoK4)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.