Tosca Waerea and I will be facilitating an afternoon session with three absolutely outstanding speakers. Here are the details:
New ways of talking: Māori and Technology
Mike McRoberts of TV3, Chris Cormack of Catalyst IT and Rhonda Kite of Kiwi Media will share their stories on new ways of talking and what it means for Māori.
Each speaker will then be followed by a workshop where participants will discuss:
- how to apply what they’ve heard back in their own organisation;
- how to make it relevant to their own position; and
- how to relate it back to the Body of Knowledge
And if that hasn’t piqued your curiosity I’m sure Chris Cormack’s abstract will:
(A small axe can do as much work as a person)
So if you are Māori, or know someone who is, working in the GLAM sector, register now, we’d love to see you there. 🙂
A version of this article appeared in Library Life: Te Rau Ora, 8 December 2011.
Other articles that may interest you:
- A photo album (pdf) of Te Rōpū Whakahau’s history from Chris Szekely’s presentation at the 2010 LIANZA Conference in Dunedin.
- Presentation by Chris Cormack to SLIS filmed on 28 Jul 2011.
- Become a BoK star