Today’s stories include: more on the Koha trademark, #lianza11 papers available, lessons for libraries, and more.
- Listen to @jransom on National Radio this morning talking about Koha trademark by US firm via @sallyheroes. (BoK1)
- And another: Small library fights US corporation over software patent from @NZStuff. (BoK1)
- And here’s Rick Shera, a NZ internet lawyer’s view on the Koha trademark: An interview on National Radio (audio) via @sallyheroes. (BoK1)
- Time for a end of day blog post? Home at last by @PeepsNetwork. (BoK9)
- A new book exchange in Heathcote – more fridges as bookshelves a la Gap Filler via @kebabette. (BoK3)
- Summary of @Auckland_Libs recent event: Unlock the Past post-seminar report by @Kintalk. (BoK4)
- #lianza11 conference papers and presentations are now available via @sallyheroes. (BoK1)
- Must read. 6 lessons to a world-class lib: What libraries can learn from public transport ticketing by @HughRundle. (BoK9)
- Here we go again: Penguin’s removal of ebooks from libs: This Deal Is Getting Worse All the Time by @LibraryRenewal. (BoK1)
- Time to kill some darlings: Thoughts on the Destruction of the Library Universe… by @wawoodworth. (BoK9)
- Can you do the same for your job?: 6 amazing, & possibly unexpected, things about life as a cataloguer via @sallyheroes. (BoK9)
- Focus is on reading pref rather than ereader features: Buying a Device to Read eBooks: 6 Questions.. via @ericrumsey. (BoK7)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.