Today’s stories include: open access publishing video, staff ereader training, calculating the value of a community library, and more.
- Mobile phones in schools: distracting, dangerous or a learning tool? from @L2_S2S. (BoK7)
- An exc vid that clearly explains the pros of Open Access publishing by @SarahLibrarina. (BoK6)
- Advocacy bites! Suggestions from LIANZA’s recent network meeting at Puke Ariki from @wendykahu. (BoK9)
- Starters for Ten Auckland Librarians Tweetup on Nov 17. Please RSVP from @greengecko29. (BoK3)
- It’d work for me: Transmedia has changed the very notion of books and reading via @librarianbyday. (BoK4)
- No more “yeah, but…”. Fix it.: “Beyond the Bullet Points: Don’t be the mud” by @rdlankes via @janholmquist. (BoK9)
- Yes. Yes. Yes. Very relevant in NZ atm: Helping Staff Help Themselves: Ereaders and Training by @mattrweaver. (BoK9)
- Is your position indispensable or could others do it?: Librarian-proofing library programs via @janholmquist. (BoK9)
- Worth looking at to help sell value to funders: Calculating the Value of a Community’s Library Use via @librarianbyday. (BoK9)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.