Today’s stories include: Kindle Lending Library, Avondale Intermediate, change agent librarians, and more.
- Avondale Intermediate’s school librarian made redundant | NZ Herald via @socialmediabutt. (BoK9)
- Some thoughts from NZ publishing industry: Amazon takes on libraries with Kindle Owners’ Lending Library from @nztaylor. (BoK1)
- Latest blog post #lianza11 day four from @paulhayton. (BoK1)
- OverDrive subscribers will like this: Project Gutenberg titles now available for New Zealand libraries via @bobinrob. (BoK8)
- Need a little pre-prandial reading? The Nov issue of the APNK newsletter is out now (pdf) from @PeepsNetwork. (BoK2)
- Your library could write an article like this for the local paper. Who’s gonna give it a go? via @LibraryPlus. (BoK9)
- Amazon to start lending ebooks. Should we be worried? via @wcl_library. < Yes libraries should be worried. (BoK1)
- How will libs convey what they offer vs Amazon?: Amazon is Now Lending eBooks – How Will it Affect Libraries? via @sallyheroes. (BoK1)
- Similar to what @jenica26 shared at #lianza11: Change Agent Librarians | @vonburkhardt via @aarontay. (BoK9)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.