Today’s stories include: photo scanner app, online GLAM forums, measuring social media effectiveness, demonstrating value of academic libraries, and more.
- Pocket photo scanners that can rival commercial archivists: Kiwi’s iPhone app snaps precious images via @genebrarian. (BoK7)
- I’ve launched some GLAM forums on my site to help foster online dialogue between colleagues from @paulhayton. (BoK2)
- New post from @donnarae9: What tools are you using to monitor the effectiveness of your social media presence? (BoK9)
- I like how the rating is based on content relevance: @WMLIB suggests movies that could be used to teach public health. (BoK4)
#LIANZA11 Days three and four from @greengecko29. (BoK1)
- Revised SLHE has outcomes-based approach to help academic libraries demonstrate their value | @LibraryJournal. (BoK9)
- I prefer to follow tweets live, how about you?: Is Following a Conference Via Twitter Worth It? via @bobinrob. (BoK2)
- Yup, it needs buy-in from the top to work: Social Media Success Is About Purpose (Not Technology) via @librarianbyday. (BoK9)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.