Today’s stories include: public library advocacy, NZ mobile internet usage, promoting your social media presence, and more.
- Why I think it’s very hard for public libraries to advocate for themselves from @donnarae9. (BoK9)
- 14% increase in broadband subscription and 1.9 mill Kiwis now access the Internet via mobile phone via @PeepsNetwork. (BoK1)
- Libraries as ebooksellers? Sure, why not? via @jaapvandgeer. (BoK1)
- Will libraries be the answer to ebook ownership&DRM issues?: Stanza e-reading app dead for iPad owners via @jafurtado. (BoK1)
- Could libraries do a similar deal?: WH Smith to get $ share from all Kobo ebooks bought in UK via @jeaninness1. (BoK1)
- Project Information Literacy learns how college students manage & use tech during crunch time (vid): via @suzanasukovic. (BoK10)
- How many of these are you doing? People. Share. Love.: Seven things librares should be doing via @chblibraries. (BoK9)
- It seems so simple. Have you tried it?: Promoting your Social Media Presence-Signage | @davidleeking via @myleejoseph. (BoK2)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.