Today’s stories include: Amazon’s latest Kindles, Kōtui, RA for secondary schools, patron-driven acquisition study, and more.
- Did you know that
#followalibrary day is 1 October 2011? via @myleejoseph. (BoK2)
- Maxine has blogged and what a fun new thing this is: Challenge your colleagues (A Google A Day)…from @L2_S2S. (BoK4)
- Yay! The Kōtui shared library system launched at Marlborough today [media release] via @PeepsNetwork. (BoK9)
- Library Design Today | Public Libraries of New Zealand via @haikugirlOz. (BoK9)
- Updated Readers Advisory For Secondary Schools by @marita_t on @scoopit via @catherinelee33. (BoK4)
- Call for Chapters: Tablet Computers in Academic Libraries via @wifilibrarian. (BoK7)
- Amazon Kindle Fire vs. iPad 2 vs. Nook Color: by the numbers via @librarianbyday. (BoK7)
- Give ’em What They Want: A One-year Study of Unmediated Patron-Driven Acquisition of E-Books via @aarontay. (BoK8)
- Public Library eBooks on the Amazon Kindle – We Got Screwed from @librarianbyday. (BoK7)
- Kindle Fire leads Amazon onslaught (roundup) <– nice summary of latest on the market via @UnitecLibrary. (BoK7)
These stories are a hand-picked selection of the many being tweeted by a number of top quality library heroes I follow on Twitter.