Today’s stories include: LIANZA 2012, Chris McClement, school librarians, future of ALA, social media competencies, and more.
- L2 – new blog post on social reading from @L2_S2S. (BoK3)
- The Programme Committee for the 2012 LIANZA Conference wants your suggestions for Keynote and Invited Speakers from @lianzaoffice. (BoK2)
- New APNK blog post, People’s Network people – Chris McClement (an interview and “get to know you” with our boss) from @PeepsNetwork. (BoK9)
- Interesting/scary. Read the debate SLANZA people: “Are School Librarians Expendable?” NY Times via @bridgy_s. (BoK1)
- Libraries are about people – so where’s the personality? from @theREALwikiman. (BoK9)
- Future of ALA? (For those who missed it, the Future Perfect report to #alacouncil) via @wawoodworth. (BoK1)
- Library Management and Entropy: The Information as Management Text via @chblibraries. (BoK9)
- ALA Membership Blog: Best of the Best Member Blogs – Monday from @amlibraries. (BoK2)
- Social Media Competencies for Librarians from @jaygee35. (BoK7)
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.