Today’s stories include: 2011 library of the year, libraries and ROI, library brands and marketing, presenting archives online, and more.
- We’ve just announced Jenica Rogers and Martin Molloy as the first two Keynote Speakers for LIANZA Conference 2011 from @lianzaoffice. (BoK3)
- New blog post: A depressing graph – Interest over time in “libraries” via Google insight from @wifilibrarian. (BoK1)
- The ‘M’ Word: King County Library System named 2011 Library of the Year by Gale & Library Journal via @catatonichic. (BoK3)
- Librarians & Human Rights (internet access is now a human right) from @wawoodworth. (BoK1)
- Did you know that libraries aren’t just ace, they’re good for the economy? A $1 investment yields $3.56 in Victoria from @Library_Vic. (BoK1)
- British Library launch book app via @aarontay. (BoK3)
- Reading “Prisons by law must have libraries, so why don’t schools?” via @thewhaanga. (BoK1)
- Discover this #blogjune from @restructuregirl. (BoK8)
- Lighthouse: Books are Our Brand? Wish they weren’t . . . from @sabram. (BoK3)
- Death to Grassroots Library Marketing!! Start a Library Franchise! from @pcsweeney. (BoK3)
- Nice piece by @tcarmody on the @librarycongress Recollection platform for presenting archives online via @Anne6fy. (BoK5)
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.