Today’s stories include: new library buildings in Auckland, library rebranding, Pikihuia Award finalists, IT and 21st century libraries, radical collaboration, and more.
- Ranui and Massey North customers are set to gain new library buildings from @Auckland_Libs. (BoK3)
- (lack of) Library rebranding … the same old BS from @AlisonWnz. (BoK9)
- The latest from the People’s Network in our June newsletter from @PeepsNetwork. (BoK2)
- The Pikihuia Awards for Māori Writers finalists have been announced via @KowhaiAnne. (BoK11)
- NPR.org: Seeing Teenagers As We Wish They Were: The Debate Over YA Fiction via @catatonichic. (BoK4)
- “One of our greatest challenges is making the time to continue our own professional development” via @amlibraries. (BoK9)
- Perspectives from the Library Community on Information Technology and 21st-Century Libraries via @ALA_TechSource. (BoK7)
- How the Library of Congress is building the Twitter archive – O’Reilly Radar via @nicholascarman. (BoK8)
- Radical Collaboration – suggestions for a future focussed working together agenda for libraries via @MoiraFraser. (BoK1)
- If It is Too Inconvenient, I’m Not Going After It: Convenience as Critical Factor in Info-Seeking via @TheLiB. (BoK3)
- Library Strategic Planning: Keep it From Failing via @Anne6fy. (BoK9)
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.