Today’s stories include: 3 articles about school librarians, wi-fi in NZ, usability, MARC, and more.
- Wouldn’t it be great to work with us – well now you can! from @kapiti_lib. (BoK9)
- LIANZA’s Copyright Guidelines have been updated on the website from @lianzaoffice. (BoK8)
- What impact will the copyright law have on this?: Wellington first for free wi-fi | Stuff.co.nz via @bobinrob. (BoK1)
- And this: Manawatu could become the largest free wireless internet area in New Zealand via @wellreadkitty. (BoK1)
- Like! RT @NZHistorydotnet 26 May 1879 Parihaka ploughing campaign begins via @ChristchurchLib. (BoK11)
- Check out the revamped http://manyanswers.co.nz/ from @anyquestionsnz. (Bok4)
- Excellent op ed piece about the great work of the teacher librarian via @L2_S2S. (BoK1)
- And yet more !! Librarians are Teachers, Too: Why Schools Need Librarians… via @L2_S2S. (BoK1)
- Margaret Atwood on Why School Librarians Rule – must be the day for high profile advocacy!! –Yay via @L2_S2S. (BoK1)
- Alan Bennett’s Newsnight library defence becomes Twitter trend: closing libraries is child abuse via @scooperova. (BoK1)
- Nice list! : 18 usability resources for librarians via @catatonichic. (BoK5)
- Cataloging Futures: Transitioning from the MARC format (it might really happen!) via @ALA_TechSource. (BoK5)
- Ha! Going to the public library is better for you than going to the gym via @first_lines. (BoK4)
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.