Today’s stories include: NZ copyright law, histories of Manukau, Claire visits Grafton, Commonwealth Writers Prize, augmented reality, school libraries, and more.
- Libraries fear internet closure over download law | Computerworld New Zealand via @lianzaoffice. (BoK8)
- Bruce Ringer’s ‘Manukau topics’ offers brief histories of Manukau’s communities… from @Auckland_Libs. (BoK3)
- The Library that Got Another Job (Grafton Public Library) from Claire at A Latitude of Libraries via @sallyheroes. (BoK1)
- Hooray! Kiwi Craig Cliff won best first book prize for for A Man Melting @ Commonwealth Writers Prize via @ChristchurchLib. (BoK4)
- Yes!!: Libraries & augmented reality. Adding video reviews to book covers -aurasma by @aarontay via @janholmquist. (BoK7)
- Excellent blogpost thx!: Facebook in school libraries via @genebrarian. (BoK7)
- Google does reading level (and dictionary) – NeverEndingSearch via @sljournal. (BoK7)
- We know we’re better than machines. Rawr! “Don’t discard the librarians” via @TheLiB. (BoK1)
- 11 important recommendations in the School Library Inquiry Report via @ALIANational. (BoK9)
- Looks a lot like project mgmt to me :-): Random Letters: The 7 (new) Pillars of Information Literacy via @aarontay. (BoK4)
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.