Today’s stories include: NZ Post Book Award winners, Tony Millett and copyright, LIANZA Library Life, the power of play, and more.
- Wondering what this will show…. Library Life: Te Rau Ora – issue #358 – 18 May 2011 from @thewhaanga.
- The winners in the 2011 New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards via @chblibraries.
- Fantastic interview with Tony Millett yesterday on 95bfm about the new Copyright Act and implications for libraries via @lianzaoffice.
- Is There A Market For Selling E-books In Brick And Mortar Stores? via @myleejoseph.
- Libraries take note: Curated content delivered to your Kindle is as easy as 1, 2, Read via @paulhayton.
- Project Gutenberg Meets WorldCat via @lisaoldham.
- Quote frm a comment on A Country W/out Libraries, by Charles Simic: “Education opens the mind, libraries open the world” via @thewhaanga.
- Interesting rebuttal to Godin’s Future of Libraries article via @lewisr3.
- The Evolution of the Knowledge Web Worker < good read, great infographic via @MoiraFraser.
- Are article level metrics (e.g. downloads, views) correlated with citations? via @libsinteract.
- The Power of Play: Fostering Creativity and Innovation in Libraries via @myleejoseph.
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.