Today’s stories include: Te Papa collection online, QR codes, social media strategy, DAM, mobile apps, and more.
- Using Social media to promote your library from @L2_S2S.
- Well done! @TePapaColOnline We’ve now got over 70000 collection objects & topics available via @genebrarian.
- Library to get film archives (Nelson) through NZ Film Archive via @sallyheroes.
- Shelfluv: A place for readers to share what they read and discover new books via @ALA_TechSource.
- Handy to have around: The Ultimate Guide to Twitter Marketing via @TheLiB.
- Excellent!: QR Code Roundup: 10 Resources for Librarians and Educators via @jaygee35.
- The Koori Mail online archive is available online Est. 1991 Australia’s first wholly Indigenous-owned newspaper via @myleejoseph.
- Excellent practical walk through one way of building a mobile application from scratch via @sallyheroes.
- “No news means your users will forget you.” – Building a DAM, one brick at a time (McIntyre 2010) via @snailx.
- Must read: Social media is a tool, and a tool is not a strategy via @Anne6fy.
- Ill-equipped Libraries Dims Reading Culture (Nigeria) via @sallyheroes.
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.