Are you on Twitter? I joined Twitter this year and although I follow just over 100 people this is a selection of the latest information about libraries from many tweeting library heroes.
I’ll be posting an update each day, so that you too can keep up to date with what’s happening around the country.
- The demise of Library Week and the need for Brand Library from @AlisonWnz.
- And in case you didn’t know, our #LIANZA president posted something yesterday on the blog thingamee via @thewhaanga.
- New Zealand Internet disconnection copyright bill sneaks through second reading via @thewhaanga.
- Extending your reach through social media – Another great Post by Maxine from @L2_S2S.
- TangataWhenua.com Maori News: Manager – Puke Ariki via @DigitalMaori.
- Fantastic New Zealand dataset released for Libraryhack. Data on approx. 350 000 NZ publications via @libraryhack2011.
- Remoting it … 3 #eqnz – How do you value a library collection? I’m probably going to have to do this soon…. from @SarahLibrarina.
- Roald Dahl snippets printed on cereal boxes to encourage kids reading. Definitely ‘out of the box’ thinking! via @TheNileNZ.
- SPLAT: Innovative Collaboration in Idaho’s Libraries via @Anne6fy.
- Giving graphic novels their due in an academic library. Selecting a collection and giving it space from @LibraryJournal.
- Ooh this is a pretty nifty eBook metasearch engine! Neotake via @TheLib.
- Creation and co-creation of content at libraries – don’t wait via @ellenforsyth.
Click here to see all editions of The Daily News.
Would you like to get The Daily News delivered directly to your email inbox? Simply enter your email address into the box below and click on the submit button. It’s that easy, and it’s free.